YouTube TV, although easily one of the best live TV streaming options out there, might not be worth much to you if it’s not compatible with your particular streaming device. But that the good news is that compatibility list is growing all the time and starting today, most Roku owners have a new option when it comes to streaming live television.
Roku officially announced that YouTube TV is now officially available on (select) streaming sticks, set top boxes, and televisions. YouTube Live costs $35/month and gives you access to around 50 live TV streaming networks including: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, Disney Channel, ESPN, FX, Telemundo, and more. Premium networks like Showtime and Fox Soccer Plus are also available for an additional charge like they are everywhere else. Additional YouTube TV features include:
- Cloud DVR with no storage limits
- “Library” tab that includes easy access to the shows you’ve recorded. Browse movies, shows, and events by new, most watched, and more to find the perfect thing to watch
- “Home” tab with personalized recommendations, including top picks, resume watching (easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home!) and more
- “Live” tab with a full program guide to see what’s on now and what’s airing soon
- Background playback experience so you never miss the action while you browse the app
- Ability to share with up to 5 other roommates or family members in your household. Each family member gets their own login, DVR, and personalized recommendations
You can add the YouTube TV channel to your Roku device by clicking the button below. Enjoy.