For $599, you could stake your claim to the most powerful compact device ever. It’s the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, which Amazon is now offering in a pre-sale opportunity.
The device features a very palm-friendly 4.6-inch form factor, meaning — unlike other devices of its class — it actually feels pretty damn miniature. Also unlike other devices in this class, it also doesn’t suck. Here’s what we’re looking at:
- 19MP Main Camera with motion Eye system with rapid-fire burst capability and 3D scanning technology for capturing high-resolution 3D images. 13MP high-sensitivity front Camera with new display flash
- 4.6” HD triluminous display and encased in rigid full-metal Compact design without any partition lines.
- Smart amp and s-force front Surround sound. High resolution audio capability with dsee-hx, ldac, and digital noise cancellation.
- Android O platform. Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. Supported by LTE (4G) cat 15, 4GB RAM, and 32GB ufs.
- Unlocked and compatible with GSM/LTE carriers utilizing GSM network such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, MetroPCS, Cricket wireless, simple mobile, bright spot, and others
It’s a flagship, and you won’t have to get new pocket sewn into your jeans to carry it. For those of us who still value things on the smaller side, this is probably the only option you should be considering in 2017. The link ahead will take you straight to the pre-order portal.