Micro smartphones aren’t new, with some manufacturers offering the niche pocketable for those who aren’t interested in hundred-dollar slabs of metal and glass. But Jelly’s version is different: it’s the first such Android phone with Nougat and 4G LTE.
The phone is a full Android phone, complete with Google Play and all the apps it holds. They’ll be in bite-sized form, of course, but we somehow doubt that’s an issue for those looking for this sort of things.
It doesn’t even sound terrible under the hood:
- Quad-core 1.1GHz chipset
- 2.45-inch TFT LCD 240 x 432 display
- Up to 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage (pro model), microSD up to 32GB
- 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
- 950mAh battery (up to 3 days of typical usage)
- GPS, Gyroscope, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi N 2.4GHz + 5GHz
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Dual-Nano SIM
It’s super cheap to get one on the ground floor, too, with Super Early Bird prices coming as low as $59. The device ships in August. Head here to pledge your money if you want to see this go down.