The newly renamed Pixel Launcher is the hottest thing right now for anyone looking to get the look and feel of what’s to come for the rumored Pixel devices. We here at Phandroid are just as excited as you, and have already gone through what’s new in the latest version of the leaked APK, and it’s not much.
But there are some of you out there who don’t want to lose your setups and take advantage of the customization abilities that are included in Nova Launcher. Luckily, the guys over there are quick on their feet and have released an update that will give you just about all the features that are included within Pixel Launcher, including the “swipe to open” gesture and the new search bar.
- Swipe to open drawer (a la Pixel Launcher)
- New Pixel Launcher style search bar
- New search view, with tabs for Frequent, Recent ad New/Updated apps
- New “Timeout” screen lock method
- New double-tap-swipe gestures
- Integrated search bar into drawer (card and immersive)
- Option for dock backgrounds to draw under navbar
- Nougat fixes and optimizations
- Improve interactions with KLWP
Now the update is included in the latest beta version of Nova Launcher, but you can opt into that if you want via the links below. Kevin Barry, the man behind Nova, has included a bit of a tutorial for everyone to follow in order to get your device looking like Pixel Launcher without losing the extra features of Nova:
- Drawer > Swipe to open
- Drawer > Card Background > Off
- Drawer > Background Color > White
- Desktop > Indicators > Page Indicator > Line
- Desktop > Indicators > Swipe to drawer indicator
- Dock > Background > Rectangle, White, Transparent, behind navbar
Once completed, your device will something like this:
After you’ve transformed your device, drop us a comment below showing off how your launcher now looks like the Pixel Launcher.
Beta Opt-in: Nova Launcher
Download on Google Play: Nova Launcher Beta