To celebrate the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Sphero created a mini droid that looked exactly like the BB-8 droid that stole our hearts in the film. Although there was much speculation as to whether Sphero collaborated with Lucas Films to create BB-8, the rumors weren’t true, but that didn’t stop Sphero from making one available for everyone.
Fast forward to now, and we are just a few months away from the release of Star Wars: The Rogue One. This time, Sphero is back at it again with a “battle-damaged” BB-8, complete with a new Force Band.
The Force is strong with you. Channel it with the Star Wars Force Band by Sphero. Like a Jedi Knight, you can control your BB-8 App-Enabled Droid with just a wave of your hand and expand your abilities with Force Training. Use the band by itself to complete Combat Training, or collect digital holocrons in your environment through Force Awareness. Fulfill your destiny and become strong in the ways of the Force.
The Force Band is a wristband that communicates with BB-8 so that you can control the little guy without needing to be connected to your phone or tablet all the time. Instead of looking at a screen to determine where BB-8 should go, the Force Band tracks your movement and moves BB-8 in the same fashion, making it possible for BB-8 to follow you around wherever you go. Here are some other features that the Force Band will make possible:
- Droid Control – Force push, pull, and control BB-8 with a wave of your hand
- Force Training – Hone your lightsaber skills by responding to cues from BB-8
- Combat Training – Use your imagination to wield a blaster, lightsaber, or the Force itself
- Force Awareness – Find hidden supplies from the Resistance in the real world and collect with the app
- Robot Control – Use the Force Band to drive Sphero robots powered by Bluetooth SMART
- Force Control – Expand your Jedi powers in the world around you and control connected objects by using the Force Band
As with the first edition of the BB-8, this new version will be compatible with all Android devices that are running Android 4.4.2 KitKat and feature Bluetooth. Once released, you will be able to download the accompanying app from the Play Store to get everything set up and you’ll be rolling around the galaxy in no time.
The special edition BB-8 and Force Band will be released on September 30th, but is available for pre-order from Amazon starting today. Pricing starts at $199.99 and will include free shipping for Prime subscribers.
Pre-order via Amazon: Sphero Special Edition BB-8 App-Enabled Droid with Force Band