It’s official: the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has arrived. The phone features an improved S-Pen, dual-edge display, and the first ever Samsung phone to make use of an iris scanner. The device will go on sale starting August 19th, with pre-sales opening at various carriers and retailers beginning tomorrow.
- Display: 5.7-inch 2560×1440 SuperAMOLED Edge display
- Chipset: Octa-core 2.3GHz processor in the international model (likely the same Samsung Exynos 8890 used in the global GS7)
- RAM: 4GB of RAM
- Storage: 64GB of storage as standard, microSD up to 256GB
- Battery: 3,500mAh battery with wireless fast charging
- Other features: USB Type-C, Iris scanner, IP68 water-resistant, fingerprint sensor
- Camera: Dual- Pixel” 12MP camera with OIS, f/1.7 aperture; 5MP front-facing camera
- Software: Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Dimensions: 153.5mm x 73.9mm x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 168g
The device is also being accompanied by a number of accessories. There’s your usual round of cases, but also a new version of the Gear VR headset that includes a USB-C port to accommodate the newly-launched device.