The Samsung Gear S2 is one of the best looking smartwatches on the market today. Released in September of last year, the Gear S2 is the quintessential smartwatch for Samsung enthusiasts with its great interface and wonderful design. However, there have been some features lacking that most other smartwatches already have by default, so it has left some to turn elsewhere.
A new report by SamMobile confirms that Samsung is preparing a massive update that will bring new customization options, as well as better exercise integration to the Gear S2. This update could help gear Samsung up for at an IFA event where it is expected to announce the successor to the Gear S2 smartwatch.
- Using personal photos as backgrounds in watch faces
- Offering watch face recommendations that can be installed from the watch itself
- Sleep Monitor
- UV Index information within the weather app
- Start a timer using S Voice
- Addition of a menu for managing notifications when no unread messages are left
According to the report, the update will be rolling out in the coming weeks, but there’s “no concrete time frame”. It makes sense for Samsung to roll this software update out now, to prepare itself for any bugs that may arise ahead of the release of the next generation Gear smartwatch.