The Xiaomi Mi Band 2 was officially unveiled today. Packed with an OLED display, optical heart rate monitor, 20-day battery life, Bluetooth 4.0, hypoallergenic silicone band and IP67 water and dust resistance, the new fitness tracker is poised to be one of this year’s best-selling wearables as Xiaomi plans to sell the Mi Band 2 for only $22. The original Xiaomi Mi Band was reasonably priced, but its hardware was pretty basic. The Mi Band 2 is comparable to the Fitbit Charge HR which sells for $150.
Like most of today’s fitness trackers, the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 will count your steps, sleep and heart rate throughout the day. The tracker will also vibrate to notify you of incoming calls, messages or other important notifications from your connected Android device. OLED display does show an icon for the notifications, but it does not display who is calling or the actual message.
The retail launch of the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 in China is set for June 7, but the company should start selling the new fitness band in others markets later this summer. We know that fitness trackers aren’t for everyone, but we see no reason why anyone would want to pass up on the $22 Xiaomi Mi Band 2.
Mi Band 2 specifications & features
- Fitness, heart rate and sleep tracker
- OLED display, view time, step count, heart rate
- 20-day battery, IP67 water resistant
- ADI accelerometer and optical heart rate sensor
- Anodized 0.05mm ultra-thin button
- Upgraded pedometer algorithm
- Hypoallergenic silicone band
- 2nd gen Bluetooth 4.0 for faster, stable connections