Microsoft has released a major update for its Next Lock Screen app for Android. While the app is already considered to be one of the best third-party lock screens for Android, Microsoft is making the app even better by improving the UI of the app and optimizing its performance. In addition to showing the time, weather and notifications, Next Lock Screen now gives you the option to add five quick launch apps to the lock screen with an additional five when you swipe up from the bottom to view the quick settings toggles.
While Microsoft’s mobile OS may not be faring well, the company is proving that it is more than capable of delivering great apps for Android. We’re curious to know if you’re using Next Lock Screen or any other Microsoft apps on your Android device.
Next Lock Screen 3.2.0 changelog
- New logo and color scheme. The new logo has a streamlined ‘N’, and expresses our identity as a location-based lock screen.
- Notifications: optimized icons for smoother look, and better performance.
- Launchpad: minor UI enhancements, added setting to hide contacts.
- Screen time out: bug fixes.
- Bing wallpaper: update check changed to once every hour.