Huawei phones and tablets are selling like hot cakes these days, but a lot of Android fans tend to steer clear of the brand due to the heavy software customization imposed on the phones. Anyone that uses a Huawei phone for more than a minute will notice that the phone’s EMUI skin pulls more design inspiration from iOS than stock Android. The stock launcher on Huawei’s phones doesn’t have an app drawer and even applies a rounded-corner background to all app icons so that they all look consistent. Huawei does have a built-in Themes app on its devices, but none of the available themes allow the icons to display without a rounded-corner background.
If you don’t want to replace the stock Huawei Launcher with one of the many alternatives found in Google Play, MrAdny from XDA-Developers has put together a modified theme that removes the rounded-corner background from all your apps, allowing them to display as the app developers originally intended. installing the theme does not require root and can be done directly on the phone.
- Download Pure(version_number).HWT file to your Huawei or Honor phone or tablet
- Navigate to Internal Storage > Download within the Files app
- Longpress the Pure(version_number).HWT file and select Move from the bottom menu
- Navigate to Internal Storage > HWThemes
- Select Move from the bottom menu to move the file
- Open Themes app on your device
- Tap PureIcons(version_number) and Apply to change the icons
If you have any other Huawei-related customization tips, please share them in the comments below.