It’s one of my personal favorite video game series of all time and announced at Jump Festa 2016, Namco Bandai revealed the impending release of Katamari Damacy for mobile devices. Dubbed “Touch My Katamari,” will be the first we’ve seen of the little Prince since Touch My Katamari launched on the PS Vita back in 2012.
Just don’t go expecting the tried-and-true gameplay that defined the original. It’s tough to tell from the trailer, but the game appears to much more casual this time around, with side scrolling, cookie clicker gameplay. Yeah, we’re not too happy about that either but we’ll keep our fingers crossed there’s a bit more to it than that. Bandai Namco said something about action and puzzles, so we’ll need to wait and see. Here’s the feature list:
- TAP the Katamari and start rolling!
- Pick up many unique objects
- Grow your Katamari to a legendary size
- Enlist 35 cousins who will help your Katamari grow with their strangest powers!
- Create a star with the Katamari and get precious star tokens
- Win presents from The King of All Cosmos
- Offline Play Available
Bandai Namco’s Vancouver studio, who’s developing the title, was mum on a specific release date, but says Tap My Katamari will be launching first on Android and iOS devices in United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, followed by a worldwide release shortly after that. Check out the launch trailer down below.