OnePlus has announced that their brand new smartphone — the OnePlus 2 — has gotten its first ever upgrade. It’s Oxygen OS 2.0.1, and the highlight of the changelog includes fixes for Stagefright. Unfortunately OnePlus didn’t go into grave detail, so we’re not yet sure if they got the full Stagefright fix or the partial one that other carriers and OEMs have been pushing out. We’ll reach out to learn more either way.
There are a number of other fixes and changes lined up in the patch:
- Improves battery performance
- Improves user interface logic and coherence
- Fixed an issue with pinch-to-zoom in Google Photos
- Fixed an issue where Dark Mode would cause instability in certain apps
- Fixed an issue related to import/export of contacts stored on SIM card
- Additional support for global carrier APNs
- Other improvements and bug fixes
OnePlus says the update will be rolling out incrementally starting in India, so don’t be surprised if you aren’t able to pull it down right this moment.