Many expect the Apple Watch to claim the crown of best looking smart watch once it finally launches, but LG’s latest design gives us reason to argue. This is the LG Watch Urbane, an all-metal smart watch meant to look more luxurious than sporty.
It features a circular design, comes clad in gold or silver color options, and has a neat-looking dial on the side. Looking at the LG Watch Urbane’s functional specs up against the LG G Watch R, the two are somewhat identical:
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 400
- Operating System: Android Wear™
- Display: 1.3-inch P-OLED Display (320 x 320, 245ppi)
- Size: 45.5 x 52.2 x 10.9mm
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 512MB LPDDR2
- Battery: 410mAh
- Sensors: 9-Axis (Gyro / Accelerometer / Compass) / Barometer / PPG (Heart Rate Sensor)
- Colors: Gold / Silver
- Other: Dust and Water Resistant (IP67)
But one looks more appropriate to wear at a formal event (or for any event, really) while the other has plenty of appeal for the sporty types out there. The standard watch band is genuine leather, and should you feel the need to switch it out you’ll be happy to know that the design supports native installation of any 22mm band.
Beyond that, there’s not much else making it stand out. It’s another smart watch, it runs Android Wear, it looks beautiful, and LG is bringing it to Mobile World Congress. We’ll be there to get a look for ourselves. Unfortunately we don’t know when you’ll be able to do the same as LG had nothing to share in terms of pricing and availability.