You may remember the “Glowball” demo you were drooling over the first time Nvidia showed off the graphics capabilities of their upcoming Tegra 3 processors. Well, the game has popped up in the Tegra Zone app and apparently it will be available for download sometime in December — most likely along side the ASUS Transformer Prime.
- Designed specifically for devices using NVIDIA® Tegra 3™, quad-core mobile superchip
- Carnival level includes nine concurrent cloth simulations running in real-time
- Sea Floor level includes 300 simulated kelp plants, 1400 other moving plants, and 2 million triangles of scene geometry
- Interaction of scene objects using NVIDIA PhysX®
- Dynamic scene lighting that can be changed by tapping on the ball
- Particle, reflection, and skinned animation effects
- Caustic lighting, fog, and schooling fish in Sea Floor level
- Custom vertex and pixel shaders make for shiny fish and a wavy sea
- Splitscreen mode allows you to turn visual effects on/off and compare the results
Glowball, while not exactly featuring in depth gameplay, will definitely be your “go-to” app for showing off the power of your shiny new Transformer Prime, whether it’s to convert iPad owners or win over friends and family.