As Amazon chose to focus on the experience rather than the specs (well played) in their unveiling for the Kindle Fire, we were left to find the specs on our own. They’ve listed most of the specs we care about on the device’s page at Amazon, though, so let’s see what we’re getting with the 7 inch device.
- 7 inch IPS 1024×600 resolution display with 169 PPI
- 7.5″ x 4.7″ x 0.45″ (190 mm x 120 mm x 11.4 mm) at 14.6 ounces (413 grams)
- dual-core processor (we’re hearing it’s of the TI OMAP4 variety)
- 8GB of internal storage
- Up to 8 hours of continuous reading or 7.5 hours of video playback (charges in four hours and can be charged using a USB port on your PC)
- 802.11b/g/n WiFi (no ad-hoc support)
- microUSB 2.o
- 3.5mm headphone jack and top-mounted external speakers
Note that there are no 3G radios inside and there are no microphone holes or cameras. Sounds great to me. Would love to know how much RAM this thing has, though. I guess all that information will come to light as we inch toward its November 15th launch date. All this will come to you at a price point of $200.