With all the talk about DROID and ERIS many people may have forgotten about the rumors that stated that Verizon was actually set to receive THREE Android powered devices…
We may have found the phone that completes the trinity of Verizon Android devices.
Saygus VPhone V1 appears to be the third device destined for the Verizon network – early 2010 appears to be the release date. So what do we know about the VPhone? Well you can get the specs here. Or you can scroll further down.
The most exciting thing for me is the description of “2-Way Video Calling” – how this will work exactly, and just what charges may be included are not yet known but the potential sure is amazing. According to Saygus, the phone will come pre-loaded with: “Saygus Propietary Real-Time, Two-Way Mobile Video Calling Software – 24 to 30 Frames Per Second.” On top of live messaging, Saygus will be allowing for Short Video Messages (SVM’s perhaps?) for the price of $2.99 per month.
The hardware looks promising as well, you can see more pictures here.
- Smartphone/PDA/Handset PIMS (Personal Information Management System) i.e. Day Timer, Calendar, Address Book, Remote Save, etc.
- Media Player
- USB Sync Compatibility to PC
- Voice Recorder
- External Speaker
- Full Color LCD WVGA Touch Screen
Saygus V Phone – V1™ Hardware/Software Features In Addition to Those Listed Above
- 2 way video calling
- Android OS (Operating System) Offering Scores of New Applications
- Saygus Propietary Real-Time, Two-Way Mobile Video Calling Software – 24 to 30 Frames Per Second (Movies Standards are 24 FPS)
- 512 MB Flash
- 256 MB SDRAM
- 624 MHz Processor
- CDMA2000 EV-DO Rev. A
- USB Host Port (Others have Client Port Only)
- MicroSD Storage up to 16 GB SDHC
- Modem Port (USB Modem Capable)
- WiFi 802.11b/g
- Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
- Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP)
- Multi Media Player
- GPS – Global Position Satellite System Capable
- Three-Year Extended Warranty – One Year Manufacturer’s and Two Years Extended Available For One-Time Fee
- Remote Save Capability – Save ANY Information AND Live Video Calls Entered to Remote Servers and Protect Against Data Loss For Monthly Fee
- Insurance – Protect Against Loss, Theft, or Out of Warrantee User Damage For Monthly Fee
- VMS – Video Messaging Service Offering Video Messages Like Text Messaging for $2.99/Mo. Unlimited