Taking a screenshot on your device can be a very handy feature, and it can be done with the Samsung Galaxy S5. Some phones handle this differently than others. If you’ve used a Samsung phone in the past this should sound familiar. For new Samsung users, iPhone, or Windows Phone users the procedure is a little different. Just follow the quick steps below to take a screenshot on your shiny new Galaxy S5. Let’s get started.
Galaxy S5 screenshot: Button Method
The easiest and quickest way to take a screenshot on the Galaxy S5 is to use the physical buttons. This method will be very familiar to iPhone users.
- Get on the screen you want to capture.
- Press the power button and home button simultaneously.
- Hold until you see the screen flash and hear a shutter sound.
The screenshot should now appear in your notifications. You can find all screenshots in the Gallery under the “Screenshots” folder.
Galaxy S5 screenshot: Gesture Method
If pressing buttons isn’t your thing there is another way. Samsung has a gesture that you can use to take a screenshot. If you can get it to work correctly it’s pretty neat.
- Tilt your hand on its side (pinky down) and slide it across the display (right to left). Make sure your hand is actually touching the display.
- If successful the screenshot should appear in the notifications.