Ever since LG announced their circular Android Wear smartwatch we’ve been dying to know more. Now we do. LG has announced a teaser to the device’s IFA debut, making clear some of the specs we’ve so desperately desired to see, officially announcing them before Motorola does so for the famed Moto 360. Here they are…
LG G Watch R Specs:
- 1.3-inch P-OLED Display (320 x 320)
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- 4GB Storage (eMMC)
- 512MB RAM
- 410mAh Battery
- IP67 Certification
- Sensors: 9-Axis (Gyro/ Accelerometer/ Compass), Barometer, PPG
- Color: Black
- Frame: stainless steel
- Strap: 22mm calf skin leather strap
In their press release, LG makes sure to rub in the fact that its the, “first watch-style wearable device to feature a circular Plastic OLED (P-OLED) display and utilizes 100 percent of its watch face.” That is, of course, a dig at the Moto 360 design that cuts off a small fraction of the screen.
If you’re looking to buy the LG G Watch R for the holidays – whether as a gift for someone else, gift for yourself, or sticking it on your list for Santa – you’re in luck: it’ll be available in Q4 in key markets. I’d anticipate key markets includes the US of A, other parts of North America, and most of Europe at a bare minimum.
Keep in mind that Android Wear is only compatible with Android 4.3 and above, so if your phone is outdated, you better upgrade that while you’re at it.
See our LG G Watch R Picture Gallery!
- Amazon app adds Android Wear support
- 6 new AT&T phones and smart watches go o
- What I Hate About Android Wear
- LG G Watch R is now available on Google Play for $300
TAGS: LG G Watch R