Last night, TKTechNews reportedly got wind of a few leaked specs from a mysterious device calling itself the “Motorola Luge.” Said the be headed to Verizon Wireless under their prepaid service plans, the phone reportedly showed some specs that seemed all too similar to 2012’s Motorola DROID RAZR M. In fact, the leaked images accompanying the specs showed just that — a Droid Razr M with a few updated icons.
Of course, this raised more than a few eyebrows from skeptics but today, a freshly leaked image seems to confirm TK’s previous information. Brought to us by the boys at PhoneArena, it appears the upcoming Motorola Luge could, in fact, be nothing more than a rebranded Droid M headed to Verizon prepaid. Showcasing support for Verizon’s 4G LTE network, other specs include:
- 4.3-inch qHD display (with Gorilla Glass)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 1.5GHz dual-core
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal / micro SD expansion
- 8MP camera
- 2,000mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat
Off-contract pricing for the Motorola Luge is said to be $150 via a special online promo kicking off Thursday, August 28th. We expect will learn more about the device then along with the possibility of more rebranded devices to come. It’s interesting to see Motorola pitting the device against the already inexpensive Motorola Moto G, which in some cases bests the Motorola Luge (at least on paper). Which would you choose?
- NSFW: Samsung Gear VR porn
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR M forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.