ZTE has announced a new variant of the Nubia 5S Mini, with this release coming with LTE radios for folks who prefer to do their mobile bidding on connections that don’t feel like the AOL days. Coming in at just $279 unlocked, the device doesn’t sound half bad under the hood. ZTE’s hoping to entice you with the following:
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 Quad Core with Adreno 305 GPU at 1.2 GHz
- Display: 4.7″, HD 720 x 1280, 16.7M color
- Memory: 16GB expandable to 32GB via micro SD
- Camera: 13 megapixel backside-illuminated rear sensor, 5 megapixel front sensor
- Network Compatibility: LTE, GSM, WCDMA
- Operating System: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Battery: Li-ion 2,000mAh
- Dimensions: 134.8 x 65.8 x 7.6mm
ZTE’s making particularly loud noise about the device’s camera, which they say is easy enough for starters and provides enough quality and control for those teetering on the edge of pro. Set the camera to “Pro” mode and you can change settings like white balance, focus and light metering independent of each other. It’s not the first time we’ve ever seen this level of control for a smartphone camera, but it’s nice to see ZTE getting serious about their devices’ capabilities.
The Nubia 5S Mini LTE is supposed to be available for pre-sale on Amazon at some point today, though the link hasn’t gone live as of the time of this writing. We’ll be keeping tabs on the digital storefront, though, and will update this post once those details go live. Hopefully we’ll learn about a solid release date at that time, as well.
- Line Art Wallpaper
- OnePlus event scheduled for April 20th
- More Sony Xperia Z4 renders from Sony Pictures hack exposed
- T-Mobile gives Walmart plans a data increase
TAGS: ZTE Nuba S5 Mini LTE