A successor to the Moto G might not be the most exciting Motorola product we’re on the lookout for this year, but it doesn’t keep us from getting a bit giddy about the latest rumor to have surfaced. Mellando No Android claims that the image you see above is a prototype for the next Moto G.
Not surprising is that the device is expected to be named the Moto G2, but will it be worthy of a nice, bug “successor” tag? Here are the specs that it’s said to pack once it finally sees the light of day:
- 720p display with 320 PPI (which would be roughly 4.6 inches)
- Quad-core processor with Adreno 305 GPU (Snapdragon 400?)
- 8MP camera (up from 5MP on the original Moto G)
That isn’t going to turn a ton of heads alone, but we have a feeling this will look impressive up alongside an inexpensive price tag (which is likely what Motorola is going for if the original is anything to go by). The rest of the device reveals a design language akin to what we got on the Moto E — it’s rather conservative and ordinary, but does include front-facing speaker grills. It’s not meant to be flashy, but it should look good enough that anyone who wants one won’t feel bad to carry one. Let’s hope an announcement isn’t far off.
- AT&T gets 2013 Moto G
- Motorola Migrate update
- Moto G2 with removable battery cover shown in leaked photos
- Brazilian retailer shows leather option for Moto X+1, outs Moto G2 specs too
- Check out the Motorola Moto G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Moto G, Motorola Moto G2