The folks at HellomotoHK stumbled upon a mysterious batter cover for an alleged Motorola device, posting the image to their Facebook page for all to see. The image — which we’ve color corrected — shows black battery cover with kevlar-like material woven throughout. It’s not too unlike the back covers we’ve seen on the Motorola Droid line, currently exclusive to Verizon.
Although there appears to be 2 HTC One M8-style camera holes, we wouldn’t go that far in our assumptions. More than likely, the bottom hole will be used for the Motorola logo (which is absent on this battery cover), although we will admit it’s a bit strange to have a cutout for what is normally a printed logo.
Now, exactly which device this leaked battery cover belongs to is anyone’s guess. HellomotoHK lists off a few possible devices, naming the Motorola Moto X+1, a Google Play edition of the same phone, or some upcoming Motorola Droid 2014 device as likely candidates.
We hope this is only the beginning of a flood of leaks that will begin pouring out like we saw with last year’s Motorola Moto X.
- Moto X+1 to come equipped with Super Camera and optical zoom [RUMOR]
- Brazilian retailer shows leather option for Moto X+1, outs Moto G2 specs too
- Moto X+1 press renders leaked
- Moto X+1 Specs & Expectations
- Check out the Motorola Moto X+1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Moto X+1