With great power comes great responsibility, and with the launch of a sequel comes a price drop for the device that came before it. We’re talking about the HTC One 2013 Google Play Edition, which has received a nice price drop to just $499 over in the Google Play Store (a $100 difference since yesterday).
Despite the improved internals of the new HTC One M8, the HTC One 2013 is still a fantastic device. The Snapdragon 600 processor inside still runs stock Android like a champ, it has that same beautiful display, and that metal construction looks and feels just as great as it did yesteryear.
The HTC One M8 Google Play Edition won’t be shipping for another 2-3 weeks, and it’s also $200 more expensive, so we’d understand it if some of you opted for this aged model over the new hotness that was announced yesterday. If you happen to want one at this point you can place your order over at Google Play. It leaves the warehouse in 1-2 days with free ground shipping.
- HTC One M8 and M7 Google Play editions will r
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- HTC One gets Android L port
- Check out the HTC One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.