I’m almost at a loss for words here, folks. Just when we thought we wouldn’t see anymore surprises, HTC goes and pulls this. Announced as “coming soon” on their official Japanese site, HTC has pulled out all the stops, releasing their much rumored Android device that will make you turn and slap your momma. They’re calling the HTC J Butterfly (a sequel to the original J that launched a few months ago) and in an industry first, the device comes with earth shattering 5-inch 1080p SLCD3 display. Let’s just let that soak in for a little bit. You guys alright out there? Great. Let’s take a look at the rest of the spec sheet.
- Qualcomm S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad-core APQ8064 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 8MP camera
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- SLCD3 1080p 440ppi display
- 2,020mAh battery
- 9.1mm thin
- Black, red, white color variations
And here you thought HTC didn’t have any more fight in ‘em, huh? Officially announced for a December release on Japanese carrier AU/KDDI, don’t expect this anywhere outside of the land of the rising sun. Well, not in its current state anyway. Like the J before it, we’ll see a variation of this device with different aesthetics, hit the rest of the world with HTC specifically mentioning to The Verge that the same display tech would launch in other devices to be announced. We’ll just have to be patient and see what they’ve got planned. For the love of gawd, please don’t let this one be carrier exclusive.
- HTC J Butterfly 2 leaked image
- Pantech Vega Secret Up announced – high
- Hands-on: Sony Xperia Z [VIDEO]
- LG announces new Google TV sets for CES 2013
- Check out the HTC J Butterfly forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: announcements, HTC J Butterfly