We all knew it was coming, but today the Motorola Atrix HD has been officially announced for AT&T. Only $100 with a 2-year agreement, the Atrix HD features a 4.5-inch 720p HD “ColorBoost” display, 8MP shooter, 1.5GHz dual-core processor running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
All this on a phone measuring in at only 8.4mm thick and constructed with a DuPont Kevlar fiber frame and splash guard coating. So, that means not only could the Atrix HD stop a bullet, but function perfectly after an accidental spill into a puddle (don’t try that at home).
As an added bonus, Motorola’s “SmartActions” also come pre-loaded on the Atrix HD, giving the user unprecedented control and automation of their phone’s functionality.
For our friends in Canada, it was also announced that the Atrix HD will also be headed to Bell customer, but pricing and availability will be revealed at a later date. Read on for full press details.
Slimmer. Stronger. Smarter: Motorola Mobility Canada and Bell announce MOTOROLA ATRIX™ HD LTE
The Ultimate Fusion of Beauty and Brains, in HD
July 10, 2012
TORONTO – July 10, 2012 – You’ve got style and smarts, and expect nothing less from your smartphone. Motorola Mobility Canada Ltd. and Bell today announce the MOTOROLA ATRIX™ HD LTE superphone. Available exclusively to Bell Mobility customers this summer, the exciting Motorola ATRIX HD LTE has head-turning looks and the brains to get you through your busy day.
You expect brilliance and ATRIX HD LTE brings it. The 4.5-inch ColourBoost™ display is the highest resolution smartphone display on the market supporting a wide range of more vibrant colours. More pixels mean greater detail and crisper, clearer images that look true to life – whether you’re viewing exclusive Bell Mobile TV content or movies downloaded from Google Play™. And because you need enough power to fuel everything you demand of your smartphone, ATRIX HD LTE is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor compatible with Bell’s world-leading 4G LTE network.
Remarkably thin while not sacrificing strength, ATRIX HD LTE takes innovation one step further. Its svelte 8.4mm frame is made strong with DuPont™ Kevlar® fiber, a scratch-resistant Corning®Gorilla® Glass display and a high-tech, invisible nano-coating that acts as a splash guard and shields against the unexpected splash.
Strong and smart, ATRIX HD LTE has SMARTACTIONSTM, a fully integrated, free application that intelligently automates everyday tasks and suggests ways to personalize your smartphone. Based on selections you make, SMARTACTIONS optimizes your phone’s performance by silencing the device during meetings (but lets VIP calls through), extending battery life when it is low, announcing incoming texts and calls as well as auto-replying when you are driving so you can focus on the road. That’s smart. Very smart.
“Motorola ATRIX HD LTE offers a smarter smartphone experience,” says David Petrou, sales director, Motorola Mobility Canada. “It delivers shortcuts and convenience with SMARTACTIONS – even extending your battery life so you’re never out of power when it matters most.”
If that isn’t enough to convince you, Motorola ATRIX HD LTE has more than a few other features to boast about:
- Latest version of Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- A front-facing camera for Google+ Hangouts video chats
- A rear-facing 8 megapixel camera to capture every single moment. Plus, those photos can automatically be uploaded to a private album on Google+TM so you don’t have to worry about accidentally deleting images
- Captures video in 1080p HD at 30 frames per second, which means you get super smooth playback
- Features Mirror Mode when connected with an HDMI cable (sold separately) to view images, files and movies on a larger screen
- WiFi Direct for easy transfer of files directly between two devices (without needing a wireless access point)
- Access to over 600,000 apps and games on Google Play, as well as millions of books and thousands of movies and TV shows
AvailabilityAbout Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people’s lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 prototype leaked
- Samsung Galaxy S6 cases appear
- Google Q4 2014 earnings
- Saygus V2 pre-orders delayed, priced at $550
- Check out the Motorola Atrix HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola ATRIX HD