We have not heard of the Sony Xperia ST21i (previously known as Tapioca) in a while, but it seems like the device is still very well on its way. It seems its real retail name has just been revealed by Indonesian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, and it will be named the Sony Xperia Tipo (and that is not a typo).
Based on what we have heard about the device, it is not the most breath-taking smartphone we have seen. It comes with an 800 MHz single-core processor, 512 MB of RAM and a tiny 3.2-inch display. But the device is also said to come with Android 4.0, which is a relief.
We have no idea when, where and how the Xperia Tipo will be released. It might be a good option for those looking for an affordable handset, though.
- Sony ST21i Tapioca pictured, quite the chunky
- Samsung announces all metal Galaxy A5 and A3
- Secret of Mana now available for Android
- Android founder Andy Rubin is leaving Google
- Check out the Sony Xperia ST21i forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia ST21i