The first image of what is said to be the Sony ST21i has leaked, and its appearance takes very little inspiration from recent Xperia design language. While phones like the Xperia S emphasize clean, simple lines and a thin shell, the handset codenamed Tapioca is plump and curvy. Based on the image, the phone will ship with Xperia branding (not that we thought it wouldn’t).
Rumors put the ST21i on the low end of the smartphone spectrum, a contrast to the Hayabusa concept leaked earlier today. The Tapioca will feature an 800MHz single-core CPU, 512MB of RAM, and a 3.2-inch display. Somewhat redeeming is the inclusion of Ice Cream Sandwich. The outward appearance of the device suggests the possibility of a slide-out keyboard below the display. It has also been suggested a dual-screen model could be in the pipeline. Either case would help to better justify the extra bulk.
- Sony ST21i to be launched as the Sony Xperia
- HTC now giving away 100GB of free Google Drive storage to select devices
- Sony Xperia Z3 leaked in copper alongside E Ink SmartBand
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- Check out the Sony Xperia ST21i forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.