Most Android users have probably kept themselves occupied with Draw Something, lately. The app quickly raised to the top of the free and paid featured apps in the Google Play Store. But while the app is insanely fun and addictive, it is not perfect.
Those that have been playing the game probably received an e-mail last night, stating all the new features and changes tat are to come soon. This would be a rather significant update. And it is probably made possible by Zynga’s recent acquisition of OMGPOP (the game’s developer).
New features and changes:
- Sharing drawings on Twitter and Facebook
- Save drawings to your devices’ photo library
- Notifications for Android devices
- Increase of the max streak from 99 to 999 (you guys are rocking it!)
- Pull down to refresh game status
- UNDO button for your last brush stroke
- Even better performance
- More words
- Coins, colors, and bombs not displaying (If you don’t see them right now, don’t worry, your stuff is safe!)
- Games crashing or getting a black screen
- Bugs that prevent you from completing your turn
It will be nice to be able to save and share one’s pictures. As these simply disappear once the turn is over, only to never be seen again. Unless, of course, you take a screen shot. Notifications are also an important update. Currently, one has to access the Draw Something app in order to know when it is one’s turn.
I have not experienced the mentioned bugs, but it seems like they are out there. If you have, this is something that will get a fix, as well. And as mentioned above, one doesn’t need to worry about current coins, colors and bombs. If they do not show up now, you can be sure they are still there. Just playing hide and seek.
There is another feature that is not listed, but we have been hearing of it for a while. Draw Something players will also be able to chat at some point. A feature that has proven to be necessary. Users rely on other forms of communication to make comments; sometimes even writing in the drawing space. It would be great to be able to chat with other users within the app.
This drawing game is very popular, and Zynga spent about $200 million to acquire it. You can be sure that the app will continue to improve as time goes by. So stay tuned and get your inner artist out there. Hit the comments to let us know what your favorite listed features are and what else you would like to see added.
Google Play Store links:
- Draw Something Updated With Fresh New UI, Spe
- Draw Something Update Includes New Features:
- Watch makers target pirates
- T-Mobile Nexus 6 bloatware