According to Digitimes, sources from within the supply chain are reporting that Amazon is moving away from their original plans to release an 8.9-inch Kindle Fire, instead moving straight to a follow up, 7-inch Kindle Fire sequel. It wasn’t mentioned exactly what kind of enhancements we could expect in the next model but I’d be willing to wager a camera would make it to the Fire this time around.
Sources also mentioned the larger 10-inch model (codenamed “Hollywood”), is still in the works and that both The New Kindle Fire and 10-inch versions would ship in the second half of this year. Amazon’s competition once again is the iPad 2 after Apple decided to keep the tab in production and reduce the price to $400.
- 5 things about the Amazon Phone
- HBO shows come to Amazon
- Android devices rank high on iFixit’s t
- Amazon announces virtual currency for use wit
- Check out the Amazon Kindle Fire 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Amazon Kindle Fire forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.