Wow.. a lot of news came through over the weekend which resulted in a busier than usual Monday. For everything that we couldn’t get through we’ve placed here — in the Android Overload. This is where you can come and read up on all the handpicked Android/Google/mobile related stories that just didn’t make the cut but still deserve to be read. So have a look around and if you see anything you like, drop us a comment.
- Google’s Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt reiterates that Android will remain “open” and “free.” [WSJ]
- Apple is killing Google where it counts: profit share. [MarketWatch]
- Paypal for Android updated in the Market. Adds NFC widget. [Market Link]
- Best Buy acquires Carphone Warehouse for $1.3 billion. Will focus on mobile. [WSJ]
- Bell Canada to release Samsung Galaxy W within the coming weeks. [MobileSyrup]
- China doesn’t have the Android Market. Instead they have over 70 app stores that could shrink to 10. [MocoNews]
- Samsung DROID Charge Gingerbread build (EP4P) leaked. [MyDroidWorld]