Today Verizon announced a new $50 unlimited everything plan for their prepaid customers. Seems Big Red has been feeling the heat from competitors like Sprint’s Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile and even national retailers like MetroPCS. Starting Thursday, this new unlimited talk, text and web plan will hit all of Verizon’s retail chains among wireless retailers like Walmart, Best Buy and Target.
So what kind of cutting edge, Android powered smartphone will $50 a month get you? Well, currently Verizon offers the cutting edge Motorola CITRUS in their prepaid lineup and will set you back about about $250. Other than that — it’s all feature phones, baby. Let’s hope Verizon can increase that prepaid Android lineup soon and offer something with a little more “substance.”
- A Handful of Verizon Devices Reaching End-of-
- Motorola Announces Citrus for Verizon, Availa
- Droid 2 Global with Multiple Colors Appears o
- Samsung Continuum, Motorola Citrus Launching
- Check out the Motorola CITRUS forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Citrus