Happy Monday everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. It’s back to the daily grind and the Android news stories that come with it. Seeing how it’s impossible for us to write up everything that comes in, we’ve got the Android Overload to gather these storied in a nice little pool for you. So put your bathing suit on and take a dip!
- Direct Carrier Billing in the Android Market coming to more countries overseas. [AndroidDevelopers]
- Budget friendly Samsung Galaxy Y coming soon to Vodofone UK. [UnwiredView]
- Apple says Motorola lost their patent rights while Google acquisition clears. [ArsTechnica]
- Android Market nears 6 billion downloads. Weather apps are most popular. [TechCrunch]
- Rovio (of Angry Birds fame) claims to be the fastest growing global consumer brand EVER. [AllThingsD]
- IDC predicts the U.S. will use more mobile internet than wireline by 2015. [BGR]
- DoCoMo to build an alliance with Samsung (and others) to manufacturer chips to compete with Qualcomm. [TC]