We told you the update was coming and we’ve been receiving a flood of reports from Evo Shift users everywhere that, thanks to a combination effort between HTC and Sprint, they can now update their phones to Android 2.3.3.
If you’re waiting around to be prompted by Sprint, that wont start until the 27th. Instead, jump into your phone’s Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Updates and click on that to get the party started. The update will also upgrade Sense to 2.1. Some of the more notable features to look forward to are Swype app, smoother scrolling, quick settings tab in the notification bar and that awesome bounce/glow effect when reaching the end of a menu.
As always, make sure you have a full battery charge on your device before attempting to update your device’s firmware. Let us know if you experience any weird bugs or problems. Godspeed and good luck!
- HTC Evo Shift 4G and White EVO 3D Set to Hit
- Shareware Site Tucows Launches Cheap Wireless
- Sprint issues HTC EVO Shift 4G software updat
- Sprint Issues Updates to all HTC Handsets, Ad
- Check out the HTC EVO Shift 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC EVO Shift 4G