Looks like we may not see the rumored June launch of HTC’s Puccini (sounds dirty) tablet after all. Sources close to Digitimes are reporting that although the final stages of testing for the Honeycomb tablet are underway, the device wont go into full mass production until June. This could mean we wont see a launch until sometime late summer.
The Puccini will be HTC’s first 10.1-inch, dual-core Snapdragon tablet and will ship with Android 3.0.1. A 3.1 update will hopefully follow soon after. Its still not known if HTC will add their (in)famous Sense UI on the device, but given the fact that it will have the same capacitive stylus we’ve seen on the Flyer, the Sense 3.0 Scribe software will most likely come along with it.
AT&T is said to be pushing the HTC Puccini as their flagship LTE tablet supporting their new network this summer. I’m curious to see how HTC will update their Sense UI for Honeycomb devices and if they will offer a WiFi only version.
- HTC Puccini LTE Headed to Canada Courtesy of
- Official: HTC Jetstream (Puccini) With HSPA+
- HTC: “Join Us to See What’s Next&
- HTC Puccini Looking At A September/October La
- Check out the HTC Puccini forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Puccini