The Android Revolution keeps on picking up steam, much of it courtesy to an HTC-fueled injection of hot hardware. At an event launching the HTC Hero in Taiwan, company CEO Peter Chou announced that sales of the HTC Magic have surpassed 1 Million units! That is quite a feat for any mobile phone and considering the Android Powered Magic has only been available since the end of April, impressive is a good descriptor.
Chou also revealed that HTC will focus on mid-range smartphone costing around USD $300 the latter half of 2009, presumably before contract/rebates, noting that 50% to 60% of shipments in the 2nd half of the year will fit into this category. HTC Click anyone?
And just to add a drip of jealous delicacy, Taiwanese Phandroids who grab the HTC Hero with a 2-year contract with a monthly plan of $53 USD will get the device for free. Color me envious.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the HTC Magic forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Magic