The camera matchup of the year is finally here! Welcome t oout Pixel 8 Pro versus iPhone 15 Pro Max camera comaprison. Every year, Apple and Google are eager to announce that they’ve delivered their best smartphonermcaeras yet, but the only way to know if one device is better than the other is with a showdown like this.
The new Pixel 8 Pro is sporting new camera sensors for its rear cameras with quite a few AI enhancements as well to make sure it can capture the best shot possible, even in the trichiest lighting conditions. The iPhone 15 Pro Max also has a new 5x telephoto camera this year as well, matching the zoom focal length from the Pixel, making this a pretty even matchup when it comes the basic photography and videography capabilities of both devices.
We’ve captured more than 100 side-by-side photo and video samples with the Pixel 8 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max in this camera comaprison. Take a look at the images and video below and let us knwo what you think of the results.
Pixel 8 Pro & iPhone 15 Pro Max camera specs
Pixel 8 Pro
- 50 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/1.31″, 1.2µm, multi-directional PDAF, multi-zone Laser AF, OIS
- 48 MP, f/2.8, 113mm (telephoto), 1/2.55″, 0.7µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 48 MP, f/2.0, 126˚ (ultrawide), 0.8µm, dual pixel PDAF
- 10.5 MP, f/2.2, 20mm (selfie), 1/3.1″, 1.22µm, PDAF
- Video capture: 4k/60 (all cameras)
iPhone 15 Pro Max
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.28″, 1.22µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.8, 120mm (periscope telephoto), 1.12µm, dual pixel PDAF, 3D sensor‑shift OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF
- TOF 3D LiDAR scanner (depth)
- 12 MP, f/1.9, 23mm (selfie)
- Video capture: 4K /60 (all cameras)