If you own an iPhone or Mac computer and you want a pair of true wireless earbuds to match, then the AirPods or AirPods Pro are some of the best true wireless earbuds that you can buy. The simple reason is because they are part of Apple’s ecosystem and pairing them and maintaining the connection is so much better compared to third-party alternatives.
Plus, Apple has software baked into iOS and macOS that makes interacting with the AirPods a lot easier and less finicky. That doesn’t mean that they are exclusive to Apple’s products because at its core, the AirPods are essentially a set of Bluetooth earbuds which means that in theory, they can be used with other devices that support a Bluetooth connection, like your Windows PC.
If you’d like to get more use out of the AirPods beyond your iPhone or iPad, then we’ll show you the necessary steps below that you can take so that you can pair your AirPods or AirPods Pro with a Windows computer.
Pair AirPods or AirPods Pro with Windows 11
- On your Windows 11 PC, go to Settings
- Choose Bluetooth & devices and make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your computer
- Click the button that says “Add device”
- Select “Bluetooth” from the menu that pops up
- Grab your AirPods or AirPods Pro and press and hold down the circular button on the back of the case
- The LED light on the case should turn white and start to blink
- On your computer in the Bluetooth pairing menu, you should now see the AirPods or AirPods Pro listed (note that it might initially say “Headphones” but it should eventually change to “AirPods” or “AirPods Pro” or whatever name you gave them on your Apple device)
- Select them and you are now good to go!
Keep in mind that when using the AirPods or AirPods Pro on a Windows PC, certain features of the earbuds might not be available. There have been reports of users claiming that the microphone’s quality is pretty bad too, but if you just want them for listening to songs or watching movies, they’ll do in a pinch, but it’s something you’ll want to take note of.
- Personalized Spatial Audio with dynamic head tracking places sound all around you.Note : If the size of the earbud tips does...
- Single fit
- RICHER AUDIO EXPERIENCE – The Apple-designed H2 chip pushes advanced audio performance even further, resulting in smarter...
- NEXT-LEVEL ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION – Up to 2x more Active Noise Cancellation than the previous AirPods Pro for...
Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.