Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 once again proves its the most popular foldable phone


Samsung’s new foldable phones were launched last week and the company is already accepting pre-orders for them. According to a post by tipster Ice Universe, based on the pre-sale numbers over in South Korea, it turns out that the Galaxy Z Flip 5 is the most popular choice amongst the two devices.

According to the numbers, apparently the Flip 5 accounts for 70% of the sales, while the Fold 5 accounts for the remaining 30%. This shouldn’t be surprising though. Given the price of the Fold 5, it puts it well out of the reach for many, while the Flip 5’s price, which is around the price of a typical flagship, is a little easier to swallow.

Plus, we imagine that not everyone necessarily needs or wants the tablet form factor, as practical or functional as it may be, and having a phone that flips shut into a smaller, more pocketable device might actually be more appealing.

These figures are also more or less consistent with what we’ve heard and seen over the years, where the Flip series tends to be the more popular option out of Samsung’s foldable phones. We can’t speak for the rest of the world as these are apparently based on pre-sales figures in South Korea, but we wouldn’t be surprised if the Flip 5 remains the more popular choice in other regions.

In the meantime, if you’re interested in the Flip 5, you can pre-order it from Samsung’s website and get a free storage upgrade.

Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.

Tyler Lee
A graphic novelist wannabe. Amateur chef. Mechanical keyboard enthusiast. Writer of tech with over a decade of experience. Juggles between using a Mac and Windows PC, switches between iOS and Android, believes in the best of both worlds.

    Best Moto G Power (2022) chargers to buy in 2023

    Previous article

    X Blue subscribers can hide their checkmarks

    Next article

    You may also like


    Leave a reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    More in Devices