Samsung’s Galaxy A-series is known for its entry-level smartphones. The Galaxy A13 debuted earlier this year and is a budget phone worth looking at. It costs just about $135 and you will get a big 6.6-inch display, 50-megapixel quad cameras, Dolby Atmos sound, and a big 5,000mAh battery. If you own the Galaxy 13 via a carrier, you are probably thinking of SIM unlocking the phone.
This will allow you to move away from your current carrier and switch to any other preferred carrier. It is also beneficial if you are planning a trip abroad where you have no choice but to use the SIM card of some other provider.
SIM unlock Samsung Galaxy A13 for free
Let us start by talking about how to get your Galaxy A13 SIM unlocked for free. It is a process that is the same for the majority of the carriers. However, T-Mobile users need to use the official SIM unlock app. One thing you need to ensure is that you have paid all your dues. This will increase the chances of your carrier approving your application many folds. Some carriers also require you to have spent at least 60 days with the carrier-locked phone before you can be allowed to unlock the SIM.
- Open the dialer app on your Samsung Galaxy A13.
- Dial *#06# and it will show your device’s IMEI number. Note it down somewhere as you will need it.
- Call your carrier’s customer support number and raise a SIM unlock request.
- If you meet all criteria explained above, the customer rep should accept the request and send you SIM unlock code via email. It could take 2-5 days to arrive.
- Insert the SIM from another carrier in your Samsung Galaxy A13 after receiving the code.
- Follow on-screen steps and enter the code when asked for. This should SIM unlock your Samsung Galaxy A13 for free.
SIM unlock Samsung Galaxy A13 using paid tools:
If you do not want to go around talking with your carrier and follow the process that usually takes some time, you can go for paid SIM unlocking tools that work relatively faster. You can use any such tool of your choice but we recommend Android SIM Unlock.
- Visit the Android SIM Unlock website and search for Samsung Galaxy A13.
- On the device page, enter its IMEI number and your email address. You also need to enter the carrier’s name and country.
- The IMEI number can be found by dialing *#06#.
- Complete the checkout process by making the payment through your preferred method.
- Your SIM unlock code will be sent to you via SMS or email.
- Enter the SIM card from another carrier and follow the on-screen steps. Enter the unlock code when it tells you to.
- This should unlock your Samsung Galaxy A13 instantly.
SIM unlock Samsung Galaxy A13 on T-Mobile or Metro by T-Mobile
- Find your device’s IMEI number using the methods explained above.
- Find the T-Mobile Device Unlock or MetroPCS Device Unlock service for your phone.
- Enter the IMEI number and complete the checkout process.
- Wait for 1-3 days to receive an email that confirms that the unlocking process is complete.
- Enter the SIM from another carrier and launch the official Device Unlock app.
Tap Permanent Unlock to proceed and you should see the confirmation that your device is now fully unlocked.