One of the perks of buying a phone and paying for it outright is that it’s more or less in your control. You can sell it, give it away, use it with any carrier you want, and so on. But phones like the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra can get pretty pricey, although some might argue that it might be worth it as it is one of the best Android phones of 2023, which means that buying it through a contract with a carrier is a more affordable way of attaining the phone.
The upside is you get to pay for the phone in installments, making it an easier pill to swallow, but the downside is that there are some restrictions. Depending on your carrier, one of those restrictions is where the SIM of the phone is locked to the carrier. This is done to prevent customers from “running away” with the handset, and also to force customers to use the carrier’s services and pay for it.
Thankfully, if you want to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, there are a couple of ways to go about it which we will show you below. One of those ways is to go through your carrier, and if that fails, you can always opt to use Android SIM Unlock’s services for a small fee.
Unlocking through your carrier
Unlocking your phone’s SIM for free is obviously a much-preferred scenario, but keep in mind that there is a reason why carriers lock your SIM in the first place, so to unlock it through a carrier, you’ll have to meet certain requirements, such as:
- You need to be in good standing with your carrier, meaning that you don’t have any outstanding bills and that the contract with your carrier for the phone has expired
- You’ll also need to make sure that you have owned the device for at least 60-90 days
Assuming you meet those requirements, then the process of unlocking the SIM is pretty easy, just follow the steps below:
- On your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra handset, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to pull up your phone’s IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number down somewhere so you can refer to it later
- Call your carrier and request for your SIM unlock code
- You will probably be asked to provide the IMEI for the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra’s
- If you meet all the requirements that we mentioned above, the SIM unlock code will be sent to the email address you provided in the next 2-5 days.
- Once you’ve received your code, swap out the SIM with a SIM from another carrier
- Enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email when prompted and you’re set!
That being said, the requirements from your carrier may vary from carrier to carrier, region to region, so it’s always best to give them a call to find out what you need to do in order for them to unlock the SIM of your Galaxy S23.
Using Android SIM Unlock’s services
One potential requirement of carriers is that your phone needs to be paid off in full, and seeing as how the Galaxy S23 Ultra is new, there is a chance your carrier may reject your request. If that happens, don’t worry because Android SIM Unlock’s services will let you unlock the SIM of your phone for a small fee.
- On your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra phone, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to get the device’s IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number down
- Go to Android SIM Unlock’s website
- Enter your device’s IMEI number
- Complete the checkout process with your payment and contact information
- Once payment is made, you should then receive the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra’s unlock code either through SMS or email
- The moment you’ve received your code, you can then swap out the SIM on your phone with a SIM from another carrier
- You should be prompted to enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email, and once you’ve done that, you should be good to go
Once your phone’s SIM is unlocked, you’ll be free to use the handset with any compatible carrier and any SIM you want. But keep in mind that an unlocked SIM does not free you from any contractual obligations you might have with your carrier. You’ll still have to make your monthly installment payments, as well as pay off any charges you may incur while using your phone.
- CAPTURE THE NIGHT IN LOW LIGHT: Whether you’re headed to a concert or romantic night out, there’s no such thing as bad...
- HIGHEST PHONE CAMERA RESOLUTION: Create crystal-clear content worth sharing with Galaxy S23 Ultra’s 200MP camera — the...
Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.