If you’re a fan of the teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, retro games, beat-em-up brawlers, or all three in general, then you might have heard of TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge, a retro-styled action title launched for multiple gaming platforms last year. The game has finally made its way to Android devices via the Google Play Store, although it will be exclusive for Netflix subscribers.
Released for Android via a collaboration between Nickelodeon, Playdigious, Tribute Games and Dotemu (and of course, Netflix), the game is free for users who also have a Netflix subscription. As per the game’s official Play Store webpage:
• Play with iconic TMNT characters, including our ninja turtle heroes Leo, Raph, Donnie and Mikey, or pick April, Master Splinter or Casey Jones as playable characters for the first time!
• Enjoy old-school gameplay enhanced with super-fresh fighting mechanics.
• Discover a fresh adventure with a totally awesome new story mode.
• Time-travel back to the ’80s with this nostalgic design, including retro full-color pixel art graphics.
• Listen to a rad soundtrack made by Tee Lopes.
• This game is bluetooth controller-supported.
With that said, there’s no word on whether or not it will lose its exclusivity for Netflix users in the long run. At the moment however, if you’re itching to play this game on your Android phone AND are subscribed to Netflix, then you’re in luck.
Source: Play Store