The Samsung Galaxy A53 is packed with features to help you accomplish various tasks with ease. However, not every feature is best suited for your personal needs or as per your preferences. One such feature is Bixby which is Samsung’s own digital assistant. It is similar to Google Assistant and is quite helpful in various scenarios but is not everyone out there. This is probably why you searched for how to disable Bixby on the Samsung Galaxy A53 and are here reading this.
In this tutorial, we will cover how you can remove the Bixby trigger from the side key as well as completely disable the wakeup command. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Also Read: How to reset the Samsung Galaxy A53
Remove Bixby from the Galaxy A53 Side Key
- Swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap the settings icon at the top right corner of the display
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced features
- Tap on the Side key option.
- Under the Press and hold section, switch the selected option from Wake Bixby to the Power off menu.
Now, whenever you will press and hold the side key on your Samsung Galaxy A53, you will see the power off menu instead of triggering Bixby. This is the menu that gives you options for powering off and restarting the phone.
Turn off Bixby’s wake up command
- Open the app drawer on your Galaxy A53 and tap on Bixby
- On the floating Bixby bar, tap the compass icon located at the right
- Tap the three-dot icon at the top right corner
- Tap on Settings
- Look for Voice wake-up and tap on the toggle to disable it.
This step will ensure that Bixby does not get launched even when you or someone else uses the voice command. If you have any other questions or doubts related to the phone, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.