Owners of OnePlus’ Nord CE 2 5G handset can now download and install the newest Oxygen OS beta onto their devices. More specifically, the beta software is referred to as the “Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta 1,” and comes with some new features.
Based on Android 12, the new beta version was announced on the OnePlus Community Forums, and comes with new software functionality, although a disclaimer is in place warning of possible performance issues that may arise from installing the firmware. Key updates include:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers.
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high.
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures.
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience.
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read.
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc.
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status.
Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings.
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization.
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing.
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals.
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment.
With that said, users who want to install the beta firmware should nonetheless exercise caution, as a wrong installation might result in a faulty or bricked device.
Source: OnePlus Forums