Putting together a smart home can feel like an investment. After all, a good bulk of smart home products aren’t cheap and many of them tend to be priced a lot more than your regular “dumb” appliances, but that doesn’t always have to be the case. Companies like Gosund offer up devices like the Gosund Smart Plug (5% OFF Code: F7A9TR7B) that can turn your dumb devices into smart ones and at a fraction of the cost.
If you want more, Gosund also offers other smart appliances and products like their very own smart light bulbs and LED strips, smart wall switches, and also smart power strips. This will allow you to control more devices at once, give your room a fancy RGB makeover, and the best part is that they work with Amazon’s Alexa, so if you own an Echo speaker, you can control it using your voice.
Setting up your Gosund Smart Plug
- Download and install the Gosund app from the Play Store
- Plug the Smart Plug into a wall outlet
- Press and hold the power button on the side for 5 seconds
- Once the light starts blinking blue, you’re in pairing mode
- Launch the Gosund app and tap “Add Device”
- Tap on Add Manually and select “Electrical Outlet”
- Tap “Confirm indicator rapidly blink”
- Choose your home WiFi network (make sure that the network you’re connecting to is a 2.4GHz network) and tap OK
- Wait for the device to complete pairing
Once it’s been successfully paired, you can now control the Smart Plug through the Gosund app, but like we said, one of the advantages of Gosund’s products is that they play nicely with Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant, meaning that if you own a device that supports Alexa or Google Assistant, you’ll be able to control it with your voice.
Controlling Gosund’s smart home products with your voice will be useful as it gives you more freedom. You can command it to turn devices on or off, set schedules or timers, or in the case with Gosund’s smart light bulbs and light strips, change color, adjust the brightness, and also the color temperature.
Connecting to Alexa
- Launch the Alexa app
- Tap the menu button on the left top corner of the app
- Tap Skills & Games
- Tap the magnifying glass icon and search for Gosund
- Select the skill you want and then tap Enable To Use
- Enter your account username and password and region
- Speaking to your Echo device, say “Alexa, discover devices” and wait for the Echo to respond by saying, “Discover is completed”
- You can now use your Echo and Alexa to control your Gosund device
Connecting to Google Assistant
- Launch the Google Home app
- Tap the + button at the top left corner of the app
- Select Set up device > Works with Google
- Select Gosund from the manufacturer list
- Follow the app’s instructions to complete the setup
- You will now be able to use Google Assistant to control your Gosund smart product
Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.