It’s been a few years since Apple has delivered an iPhone that can take on the best smartphone cameras on the Android front when it comes to photography. Apple has always been a contender, but it hasn’t had what it takes to come out ahead in most of our comparisons.
The new OnePlus 9 Pro isn’t quite the best device within the Android space when it comes to taking pictures and capturing video, but is it good enough to take on the iPhone 12? We put together a OnePlus 9 Pro versus iPhone 12 camera comparison to find out.
- OnePlus 9 Pro versus Galaxy S21 Ultra camera comparison: pure disappointment
- Oppo Find X3 Pro versus Pixel 5 camera comparison: dethroning the king?
The hardware setup each device uses for their cameras is completely different. OnePlus leans in on the latest and greatest sensors for its main and ultrawide cameras for improved low-light performance and up to 8k video capture while the iPhone 12 keeps things simple with 3 12MP sensors for its rear and front-facing cameras. The only advantage that the iPhone shows on paper is its front-facing camera’s ability to capture 4k video while that of the OnePlus 9 Pro maxes out at 1080p.
Take a look at the video and side-by-side photo gallery below to see how the iPhone 12 and Oneplus 9 Pro compare when capturing photos and videos in every-day situations.
iPhone 12 versus OnePlus 9 Pro camera specs
OnePlus 9 Pro
- 48 MP (main), f/1.8, 23mm (wide), 1/1.43″, 1.12µm, OIS
- 8 MP, (3.3x telephoto) f/2.4, 77mm, OIS
- 50 MP, (ultrawide) f/2.2, 14mm, freeform lens , 1/1.56″, 1.0µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (monochrome)
- 16 MP, f/2.4, (selfie)
- Video: 8k@30 (main), 4k@60 (rear), 1080p@60 (seflie)
- 12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1.4µm, dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 120˚, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.6″
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (selfie), 1/3.6″
- Video 4K@/60 (main), 4k@30 (ultrawide, selfie)
iPhone 12 versus Oneplus 9 Pro sample photos