Over the past 2 years, Oppo has been making big strides with its flagship smartphones. Not only have they been able to compete with the best that Samsung has to offer in terms of design and performance, but the cameras they’ve equipped the phones with have been impressive as well.
The new Oppo Find X3 Pro has an impressive camera system, featuring two Sony IMX 766 sensors that are used for its main and ultra-wide cameras, delivering consistency across both. The 12MP zoom camera isn’t that impressive on paper as it only delivers 2x magnification, but the results are still solid. Oppo is also using a high-resolution 32MP sensor for the selfie camera.
But specs don’t mean much if the results from those cameras can’t deliver impressive photos and videos. OT see if the cameras on the Oppo Find X3 Pro can truly compete, we;re kicking off our camera comparison series with the new phone by matching it up against the Pixel 4a. While the budget-friendly device features a single 12MP sensor from 3 years ago on the back and an 8MP selfie camera, it still manages to deliver great results when compared to flagship-tied smartphones since Google’s computational photography algorithms are significantly better than what the competition has to offer.
- Galaxy S21 Ultra versus Pixel 4a camera comparison: this is embarrassing
- Galaxy S21 Ultra versus iPhone 12 camera comparison: unexpected results
- Pixel 5 versus Sony Xperia 5ii camera comparison: not even close
While we have seen the pixel 4a run circles around some flagship smartphones in the past, we were pleasantly surprised to see the Oppo FInd X3 Pro hold its own. The new Sony IMX 766 sensor is pretty spectacular, delivering better results than what the Pixel 4a is able to pull off in day-light and low-light shots. The only comparison in which the Pixel 4a comes out ahead is the selfie camera. Despite the fact that the pixel 4a has a dramatically inferior sensor for the camera on the front- it manages to deliver exceptional shots while those captured with the Oppo FInd X3 Pro are incredibly soft and typically blown out.
Check out the video and image gallery below to get a closer look at how the cameras on the Oppo Find X3 Pro compare to those on the Pixel 4a.
Oppo Find X3 Pro versus Pixel 4a camera specs
Oppo Find X3 Pro
- 50MP (main) Sony IMX 766 sensor, f/1.8 , OIS, PDAF
- 50MP (ultra-wide) Sony IMX 766 sensor, f/2.2 aperture,
- 13MP (2x telephoto) f/2.4 aperture, 5x hybrid optical zoom
- 3MP (micro) 60x magnification, f/3.0, 77° FOV, 4P lens
- 32MP (selfie), f/2.4 aperture, 5P lens
- Video: 4K@60fps (rear), 1080p/30 (selfie)
- 12.2 MP, f/1.7, 27mm (main), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (selfie), 1.12µm
- Video: 4K@30fps (main), 1080p@30fps (selfie)