OnePlus made an interesting foray into the television with the OnePlus TV Q1 and Q1 Pro. Both TVs run Android TV with modifications on top and have a surprisingly high price tag, but what they did lack was a native way to access Netflix.
The company is updating both televisions with a system version V1.8.0T1911211115. This update most importantly brings Netflix into the fold, which is excellent because it’s the most popular streaming service out there. But there are also a few more quality of life changes. Here’s the full changelog.
- Netflix on board!
- Added setting for directly entering recent “Input Source” at startup
- Optimized volume adjustment experience to increase or decrease audio volume more comfortable
- Pressing volume up and down buttons together to mute the TV
- Remote low battery and charging status notification on TV
- Optimized PQ video pinkish issue
People are still reporting issues here and there, but at least OnePlus is hard at work on the software of these TVs. Hopefully future updates continue to address reported issues, and if you own one, be sure to let OnePlus know if you’re facing any problems.
The update will follow a staged rollout over the next few days so if you don’t see it now, don’t fret. You should get it by the end of the week.