When it comes updates, many smartphone manufacturers lag behind. Whether it’s by a few months or even a whole year, it’s no good for the consumer. Google launched the latest Android 10 earlier this month and few devices outside the Pixels have it (though Essential consistently keeps up with Google with same day updates), but now OnePlus is joining in on the fun.
The company announced that both the OnePlus 7 and the 7 Pro are now receiving OxygenOS 10.0, based on Android 10. It comes with all the improvements of Android 10, like an improved user interface, more in-depth location permissions, and a new gesture system. OnePlus added some of its own tweaks as well, which you can see in this changelog:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
The rollout will happen over a few days, so if you’re not receiving the update yet, your best bet is to wait. The company even says using a VPN won’t help as the rollout isn’t related to your region. So have some patience and soon you’ll be rocking that sweet, dessert-free Android 10.
Source: OnePlus Forums