Yes, Father’s Day is coming up pretty quickly and there’s really not much time left to shop. The good news is that Amazon, Best Buy and other online stores offer free 2-day shipping, so you can still purchase your dad a great present and have it delivered to his house just in time.
If you’re not sure what to get him, we’ve gone through a handful of categories and pulled out our favorite devices. There are some expensive items on the list if you’re feeling generous, but we also have quite a few options which are cheap and won’t break the bank. Take a look at the list below if you need some inspiration for your Father’s Day present this year.
If your dad’s been lugging around the same smartphone for more than two years, it’s definitely time for an update. While there are quite a few flagship smartphones that will set you back $1,000 or more, you actually can get some incredible devices for much less which offer class-leading cameras and performance.
- Samsung Galaxy S10e ($638.44): Samsung’s 2019 Galaxy S10 lineup is incredible, but can be a bit pricey for the larger model. The 10e is the cheapest option and actually our favorite of the three since it offers 95% of the specs the other phones have without being too big or costing $1,000.
- Google Pixel 3a ($399): If image quality is a priority over all else, the Pixel 3a is the way to go. It packs in the award-winning camera of the Pixel 3 inside a phone that costs half of the original.
- OnePlus 7 Pro ($669): Sometimes only the most powerful device on the market is the only way to go. The OnePlus 7 Pro ticks all the right boxes while offering an incredible edge-to-edge display with a 90Hz refresh rate.
Laptop or tablet
We all love our smartphones, but sometimes we need a bigger device to get work done or simply to sit back and enjoy a movie or TV show. The devices below range from Android and Chrome tablets which offer incredible flexibility to Windows-powered laptops for those who need something powerful enough to game and get work done.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 ($229): an incredible Android tablet with a large screen, Dolby Atmos speakers and battery life which will last for days.
- Pixel Slate ($747): the perfect device if most of your “computer” work in a browser. The device is technically a tablet but can easily be used as a laptop if you purchase the optional keyboard. Google’s ChromeOS is fast, simple and incredibly versatile while delivering the true web experience most people want on a mobile device.
- Huawei MateBook X Pro ($999): if you need a full laptop with enough horsepower for gaming or video editing, this device is perfect for you. It offers a spectacular 3K touch display, one of the best laptop keyboards on the market and enough battery power to get you through a full work day without needing to lug around the power cable.
- Google Home ($79.99): The Google Assistant is incredibly powerful, allowing you to play your music and control your smart lights, set the temp on your Nest thermostat and whole lot more by simply saying “Hey, Google” and asking for what you want it to do.
- Amazon Echo 2nd Gen ($64.99): Those who’d rather stay away from the Google Assistant are best served by the Amazon Echo which features Alexa integration. You’ll be able to ask Alexa pretty much everything while also controlling your smart home devices with simple voice commands.
- Sonos Beam ($399): If you’re looking for more versatility and better audio, the Sonos Beam soundbar is the way to go. Since it’s built to be paired with your TV and music system, it delivers incredibly rich audio for an immersive movie and music experience while also featuring support for Alexa of Google Assistant.
If your dad doesn’t already own a smartwatch of fitness tracker, picking one up for Father’s Day is a no-brainer. That being said, there are a lot of options in this category. A fitness tracker is perfect for someone who is interested in getting into shape or simply wants to be a bit more active while a smartwatch is better for someone who’s may be interested in replacing their current watch with something that will help them achieve their fitness goals while also having additional functionality like Google Pay integration, notifications and more.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active ($195.99): This is by far the sleekest smartwatch we’ve seen in years, offering an incredibly slim body, rounded glass and enough smarts to make your smartphone jealous.
TicWatch Pro ($224.99): Probably the most powerful smartwatch currently out there, the TicWatch Pro offers built-in GPS tracking, a second display to reduce power consumption and a metal frame that can withstand the most rugged environments.
- Huawei Watch GT ($199.99): If battery life is the biggest priority for you, the Watch GT is the way to go since it will last you up to a full month on a single charge while delivering notifications and tracking your workouts.
A nice pair of Bluetooth headphones is a great gift for anyone who enjoys listening to music or podcasts. If your father works in a loud office or takes public transit on a regular basis, picking up a pair with active noise cancellation can make the work day that much more enjoyable.
- Sony WH1000XM3 ($298): Currently, Sony is leading the charge, delivering the world’s best noise cancellation headphones. They’re unbelievably comfortable, last more than 25 hours on a single charge and offer class-leading active noise cancellation.
- JBL Lifestyle E65BTNC ($129.86): Active noise cancellation headphones don’t need to be expensive to be good. JBL’s lineup offers great sound and noise reduction while keeping the budget in check.
- Samsung Galaxy Buds ($129.99): sometimes going with something a bit more discrete is in order. Thankfully, the Samsung Galaxy Buds are small, lightweight and are practically invisible when in your ears.
Buying a TV for your dad may seem a bit excessive, but priced on 4K smart TV’s have dropped so much that many of them are now cheaper than buying a smartphone or a tablet. If you do have a TV already buy you just need to make it a bit smarter, there are options for that as well.
- Chromecast Ultra ($69.99): No, this isn’t a TV, but it will turn your current TV into a smart TV. The device simply plugs into an HDMI port and then allows you to instantly watch Netflix, Hulu, HBO, YouTube an much more on your large screen.
- Hisense 50-inch H8F ULED 4K TV ($399.99): This new TV packs in 4K ULED technology, a 50-inch panel, Android TV and a sleek design for a penny shy of $400. Need we say more?