One of the most popular third-party launchers just got a major update. Nova Launcher version 6.0 was just publicly released having been in beta build since August, and it brings some new features and improvements.
Of the improvements that come with version 6, Nova Launcher has introduced universal search within the settings, so you no longer need to spend time digging deep into the menus to find the setting you want. Dock options are now also part of the desktop, and there are additional tweaks to the settings section overall. There’s also new customizable shape for the icons, that also see a new Adaptive Icon feature. There’s also a new font throughout, and you can change the default action of the search bar, amongst other things.
Nova Launcher 6 new features
- Improved Settings menu layout: Dock options are now part of Desktop, more intuitive settings hierarchy, etc.
- Nova Settings are now searchable for faster parsing.
- More Adaptive Icon options available, including a new customizable shape.
- Option to automatically match folder and app drawer icon size to desktop.
- New window styles in folders: choose from windowed or immersive modes.
- Folder background shapes now share the same options as adaptive icons: Round, Squircle, etc.
- App drawer search bar can now be stylized like on the desktop.
- Search bar provider can now be set to Google or Nova Settings by default.
- Added vertical or horizontal scrolling options for folders.
- Icon resizing no longer requires Nova Prime.
You can download Nova Launcher version 6.0 for free using the button below. You’ll need to buy Nova Launcher Prime at a small cost to unlock some of the premium features.